So the year is almost over. People look to the New Year to start fresh in different aspects of their life. I’ve decided that one part of my life I need to clean up is my pantry and my fridge. I love grocery shopping and cooking, but I also love eating out. This combination means I have a pantry of random forgotten ingredients and leftovers in the fridge that always needs to be eaten.
I had the thought a few days ago – what if I didn’t eat out or buy groceries until everything in my fridge/freezer and cupboard was gone?
A part of me had this thought and panicked a little – But I love eating out! I love going grocery shopping! I am out of eggs!
On the other side there are lots of exciting things to look forward to with this challenge –
- I’ll save money! It’s the holidays, what better time to save money?
- I’ll be getting creative in the kitchen. It’s fun going out of my comfort zone and not always knowing what I am going to cook. Every meal will be a mystery box challenge!
- I’ll be eating healthier! Again, it’s the holidays, what better time to get it together.
- No food waste – food waste sucks!
- I’ll get to start again fresh! My fridge and cupboard will be empty and ready for all my great new groceries.
Yea I know there are lots of families out there who go through food like nobodies business, or even people who like to have a well stocked pantry – but I know there are other people like me who just have too much going on in the cabinets and need a cleanse.
I am starting my challenge first thing Monday morning – no grocery shopping until my pantry/fridge/freezer is empty. No random eating out either – except for pre-existing plans, I mean, I’m going to see Modest Mouse next week and I’ll definitely be eating some Sizzle Pie after.
For any of you who wants to join in, post pictures of your pantry creations on Facebook or Instagram @thellamarama (that’s me) and tag them #cleanoutthatpantry2015
Looking forward to a fresh start with my pantry in 2016!